What to do when you feel overwhelmed and you want to hide away for the day or week.
Weve all had those days when we just feel like we are on a hamster wheel running backwards and up hill!!! Right. Your energy feels all over the place and you want to cry and laugh at the same time as your emotions fly around.. This for sure can take its toll on you and can ruin the rest of your day and before you know it, every sabotage skill you have developed! is in full swing.
What to do next time this happens:
So, Stop, breath, and tell yourself that you can make a turn for the better, change your energy and create the day you want. So the next time this is happening to you.
1. Go for a walk - Drop everything and just do it. Get out in the fresh air, clear your head, walk in nature and just feel your mood nd energy start to change.
2. Write a list of all the things that are bothering you - I love lists. Getting things out of your head and down on paper is so important, and once its written down it leaves your head, you can see its not as a crazy day as you thought and you get perspective on your thoughts.
3. Start laughing - laughter is like medicine. Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after. wow. Laughter also boosts the immune system. So if you cant just laugh watch a 2 minute clip of someone that makes you laugh.
4. Remind yourself - that at least one person in your world loves and NEEDS you. Just by existing, you are helping someone and making their life brighter.
5. Make a list of 10 thing you are grateful for - This one is simple and I love it. When you are in gratitude you just cant feel bad if you are in gratitude. Try it.
6. Stop criticizing yourself - Often when we are feeling overwhelmed the self criticism locks in and drags us down. So tell yourself 5 things you love about you. Tell yourself you have time and its all ok.
Have a gorgoeus day everyone.